The Olo Dashboard allows you to temporarily remove a product or choice from your online menu. This means you won’t delete the product/choice or break any customer favorites it just “hides” them from the menu preventing people from ordering it while it's unavailable. For example, you would use this option when you are out of stock of tomatoes at the store and you won’t be able to offer menu items with tomatoes until you re- stock. However if the item is active in the POS, it will override the 86 during the price updater, allowing it to still appear on the customer-facing menu. Submit a request to see if this will work for your store.
We call this 86ing, as frequently done in restaurants.. When you 86 a product/choice, you remove it temporarily. It is very important to remember that after you 86'ed the product or choice, you will need to un-86 it so it goes back to the live menu.
How to 86 a Product
- Login to the Olo Dashboard at https://my.olo.com
- Click on the “Menus” tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click “Manage Store Menu”.
- Select the store(s) for whose menu you’d like to update (These are all the store(s) you have access to).
- Click a category to expand the list of products (e.g. Burgers).
- Click on “86” for the product you want to remove.
- A pop up window titled “Product: (selected product)” will appear.
- Click “Choices” on the desired Modifier Group (e.g. Add Toppings).
- A pop-up window titled “Modifier: (title)” will appear.
- Click “86” next to the Modifier (e.g. “Lettuce” or “Cheese”).
- A pop up window titled “86d modifier” will appear asking you to re-confirm the selection.
- Click “Yes” if you want to make the changes.
- Once you click yes, the product will disappear from your online menu.
*To show the product in the menu again you need to “Un-86”. To do this just click on the “Un 86” button on the Product Window, or click here.