There are two ways to update modifier pricing:
Method #1 (If Olo is sending orders directly to your store POS): Olo will automatically pull the pricing for the products and modifiers from the POS system. Olo updates online prices from the POS two times a day:
- Automatic menu updates are performed every day on: 1:30pm & 8:30pm UTC
- While DST is in effect, this converts to the following times in EST: 9:30 am & 4:30 pm EST
- When DST ends, the EST times will be: 8:30 am & 3:30 pm EST
For instructions on how to run the price updater manually, click here.
Method #2 (If Olo orders are being sent to your store(s) in a non-POS-integrated manner, e.g. receiving orders via email or SSOS or Fax): you can use the Olo Dashboard to update the price for any Modifier (also known as an “Option Choice”) listed on your online menu at any time.
- Login to the Olo Dashboard at https://my.olo.com
- Click on the “Menus” tab on the left side of the screen
- Click “Manage Store Menu”
- Select the store(s) for whose menu you’d like to update (These are all the store(s) you have access to)
- Click a category to expand the list of products (e.g. Burgers)
- Click on “Modifiers” for the item whose option choices you are looking to update.
*You will only see the “Modifiers” button if the product has option choices available*
- A pop-up window titled “Product: (selected product)” will appear
- Click “Choices” on the desired Modifier Group (e.g. Add Toppings)
- A pop-up window titled “Modifier: (title)” will appear.
- Click “Edit Price” next to the Modifier (e.g. “Lettuce” or “Cheese”) and enter the new price. If a price already exists and you are trying to remove it, enter a 0 (zero) instead of the existing price.
- Click “Save”.
- A new “Confirm Edit Choice” pop-up window will appear giving you the flexibility to make this change ONLY for the chosen product. Click “Change this price for this product only” or click “Change Price for all products” for ALL products that share this option choice.
You may continue to update Modifier prices. Once you are done, you may exit out of the “Modifier” and “Product” pop-up windows.
- To see a list of all products that share an option choice, click Show Product List.
- If the price is locked for option choices (meaning, modifiers), it means that the pricing for this choice has been locked within the company menu. In this case, please contact your Corporate Team for more information.
- Remember, if you want to update multiple stores easily, you can do it by updating the price for ALL of the stores you have selected.