You can add and remove products from your Olo store menu, based on items that have been added to your brand's company menu by your brand administrators.
- Log in to the Dashboard at https://my.olo.com
- Click on the Menus tab on the left side of the screen
- Select the store(s) for whose menu you’d like to update and click Next (these are all the stores you have access to)
- Click a category to expand the list of products (e.g. Appetizers, Burgers).
- Click + Add or x Remove for the product you wish to add or remove
Tip: Use the + Add Category or x Remove Category button to easily add or remove all of the items within a category, instead of adding and removing them one by one
- A pop-up window titled “Add Product” or “Remove Product” will appear, for you to confirm your selection. Once you approve, this will change the store’s menu as well as the customer's saved favorites, so make sure to review your changes carefully before you go to the next step.
Note: Removing categories and products off of a store menu will not only cause customer saved favorites and past orders to be disabled on your branded ordering channels, but it will also erase any category and product level settings that may have been configured, along with pricing. Once a category or product is added back to the Olo store menu, you will need to make sure that any applicable settings, especially pricing, is updated. POS integrated brands can update pricing by running a price update within the Olo Dashboard. Non POS-integrated brands can refer to this article on updating pricing.
- Exit by clicking the “X” on the upper right side of the pop-up window
Tip: In the example above, we are managing a menu for two stores. Since the product “Bacon Nachos” is active and available for ordering at the 2 locations, it shows a “2/2” to the left of the product name. If you click on the “2/2” you can easily see which stores are currently offering those "Bacon Nachos".
Disabling Past Orders and Saved Favorites?
Customers can re-order using their past order records and saved favorites. If you remove a product from the menu, it may disable customer favorites and past orders. Disabling favorites is okay if you are changing the menu, but it is a good idea to be aware of this when making changes.
*Remember you will update the product for all the stores you selected. This allows you to update multiple stores easily.