Olo is constantly pinging the store POS or SSOS application to assure a connection to the location. Without a stable connection, Olo is unable to send orders through to the store. For any store that appears in the Offline Stores list, Olo cannot connect fully to these stores.
There are a variety of issues local to the store as to why it could be offline including, but not limited to:
- Internet issues
- Firewall/anti-virus interference
- Loss of power
To troubleshoot an offline store, we suggest the following steps:
- Review the Olo and POS logs around the time that the store went offline. All logs will need to be reviewed locally
- Check your internet connection
- Confirm that firewall or anti-virus software is not blocking Olo
- Uninstall and reinstall Olo at the location. Please note that only certain Olo Dashboard accounts have the access required to uninstall and reinstall. You may need to include your corporate IT team
The Offline tab shows exactly when Olo lost connection with the store (“Last Communication”). Olo can send an email to the store or to a specified email address if a store is offline for an extended period of time. Click here to set up an escalation email.
Tip: For the Offline Stores tab to refresh automatically, make sure to turn on the Auto Update button located on the upper right-hand side of the “Offline Stores” tab.